Friday, December 09, 2005

Story behind a piece of art !



Four Days after my Birthday which was quite boring !!! Had kept an alarm for 6 o'clock in my mobile .If I have to get up at 6:30 I keep an alarm for 6 o'clock ,half an hour is buffer time in which I keep 'snoozing' the alarm. Finally I got up at 6:30 ,called up my friend Manju (a wakeup call). I asked him whether he is coming for Jog, He said 'You carry on!". I said ok. Switched off the fan, switched on the light. Lied on the bed for sometime, then finally got up. Finished all the morning chores and got ready ! Took my mp3 player along since I was going alone today. Drank a glass of water before closing the main door of the house.
To leave the house I have to lock three doors, one is my room door ,the main door and the main gate. Wearing shoes is a pain. I usually tie the laces and keep it and only slide my feet into the shoes. Put on the head phones and turn on the music (Robert Miles song -One and one ....). It had rained the previous night, the roads were drenched and the grass was still wet. As I walked, I could see kids going to school holding their parents' hand, people waiting in the bus stops. Saw a pair of Singapore Airlines crew (white and blue dress ) waiting for the bus, saw a Malay lady plucking some kind of leaves on the side of the road (remembered plucking Pudina leaves/herbs back in India).
Reached Sun plaza Park. Park is quite big. Many people come to jog. Some come in groups, some in pairs, some single, some with dogs (the dogs are so tiny and look so malnutritioned, I guess the breed is like that) and some on cycle!! As I entered, I could see a lady doing some sort of slow dance or exercise. Its sort of slow karate movements. Middle of the park, there is a cemented area where a group of people do aerobics. There is circular road surrounding the cemented area where people jog or walk. I am the only one going clockwise, rest of them go anti-clockwise.
There are many faces I see regularly - an old couple walking, a fat Chinese man running who is sweating like a pig ( I don't know how many rounds he runs! ), a fat Indian man with a moustache. The MRT (Mass Rapid Transportation - the trains in Singapore are called MRT ) path crosses the park (Train track is above the ground, much like a flyover) .You can see trains passing every 5-7 minutes.I walk the first round and then Jog the second round. Walked Clockwise and then jogged anticlockwise like rest of the crowd ,as they say "Follow the crowd!". End of the jog, my heartbeat was like the train passing above my head, so fast. I take out my spectacles and sit for some time on the cement bench with green bars. Sitting on the cement bench as I see so many old people walking and jogging, really appreciate the stamina in them. There is one person who even walks backward, have heard of Morning walk, Evening walk, Brisk walk, Slow walk, I guess we can add another one 'Back walk' .Once my heartbeat had come to the normal pace, I went to the fitness area. Did some exercises and on the way to home with "Another Day in Paradise -Phil Collins" playing in my ears. It was 8 o'clock now. More number of vehicles on the road, weather was still cloudy, sun hiding somewhere in the clouds, sun rays hitting only the upper half of the buildings. Reached home, opened the first lock and then the second (main door) so that my owner doesn't get up (she works for 12 hours ). Washed my hands and legs, opened my room door lock and entered my territory.

My room scene : Two cupboards ( look very neat and beautiful from outside), One ironing board (which has become a table to keep my bag and other things like a drawing book which I bought, so that I can draw but I never removed it from the plastic cover from the day I got it from the shop), a small table (on top of which there is a Money plant in a vase, a painting book and an angel statue which I picked it up from the dust bin below my friend's block :o) ), A big study table (which is never empty, filled with all sorts of things like paper, pens, a bottle of water, clips, earrings, camera, comb, water color pencils set etc ,etc), a big (table) fan (which is not kept on the table) and then my bed (with the bed sheet folded neatly on one side, alarm clock and a (Green and Blue color ) Dolphin doll lying upside down with one eye visible:o) )..

I have named the dolphin 'Singu'

Sat for sometime with the fan on and then when my eyes searched for something to do, I looked at the painting book lying on the small table and the drawing book lying on the ironing board. It started to rain heavily outside, I was inside the house on time. Felt like finally reading the painting book, took the painting book to read and simultaneously opened the drawing book from the plastic cover. Read two pages in the book, couldn't resist opening the new water color pencil set. Opened the first page of the drawing book, took a black water color pencil and started to draw. First drew the tree trunks, Houses, Leaves (which are in red and violet color), ground and some grasses .Then took some water, dipped the brush in the water and gave a gentle touch on the drawing.
These water color pencils are really good. Although the output was not so good..Will try again and hopefully get some great painting, maybe a one to frame in my house (or to sell in an auction for a Million Dollars!!!! )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just read completely your blog on Story behind a piece of art.
It was very well written .

Great work

Anonymous said...

Good Painting... Presented well... Painting is good... Hope Singu is doing good... Does this singu will sing?;)