Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Ain't i not innocent ?


It was always dark as an eclipsed night
Bcos my eyes were closed to sense the light
I never felt lazy although it was warm and cozy .
It was quite inside

My tiny hands and legs were still very delicate
Neither did i drink nor i ate
For every thing i needed was available through a pipe

As i rolled , i could hear the noises outside
I moved my legs and hands with fright
I could feel the touch of a hand now and then
But i know i was well protected inside my den!

This was my world,untill 9 months passed by
when one day,i heard loud cries
I was been pushed away from my den!
Untill i saw a strong light ,
for which i cried with my whole might
They cut the pipe
I was cold and moist
untill an angel held me in her arms!
She smiled at me and gave me a kiss
As if this was her utmost wish!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was very good ,Excellent poem.Did you write all by yourself ?

aydiv said...

Thanks Biju .Yes of course i wrote it ,all by myself !!

manju said...

Vidya, you are good at writing poems... why not write a book of poems???