Sunday, January 08, 2006

Weekend ...Rains...Ginger Tea ...



It rained cats and dogs for two days in Singapore .House arrest !
Spent lot of time near the window looking at these big lorrys carrying set of cars. I love standing near the open window to watch the those fat droplets of rain falling from the cloudy sky .Pitied the little birds flattering their wings in the rain water , searching for a dry place !

Read 'Amar Chitra Katha' comics and Jataka Tales (All those fox, lion,elephant, crow, king queen stories with moral at the end ) .Everytime i was with a comic my cousin would come and sit next to me and wait for me to tell her the story . I did tell her some stories which were badly translated by me in kannada .
The main attraction of the day was the much awaited Black Forest Cake about which i mentioned in my previous post . [ Shub , the photo is posted specially for you ;o) ]
Sunday it rained non-stop the whole day . Cold wind was also blowing ,wanted to drink something hot ,what best than a nice hot cup of Ginger Tea . Cut the Ginger ,smash it a little , put in the water to boil. Once the aroma of Ginger has travelled from kitchen to the cozy sofa you are sitting , its time to add tea powder,milk and sugar .Give it one more boil and your tea is ready ! With the hot cup of Ginger tea in my hand i sat on an Easy chair and watched a time pass Tamil movie on Vasantham Central (Local Channel in Singapore) .
Checked mail more than twice a day ,did a painting with my cousin and kept telling "Its still hasn't stopped raining" at least 5-6 times a day. Clicked some photos inside the house and outside of the wet roads and weeping sky :( !!!!
Kept singing the poem

"Rain Rain Go away "
"Come again another Day"
"Little Johny wants to play" [My version :Little Vidya wants to go out and play]

2 comments:

aydiv said...

Was expecting that ;-) !!!!

shub said...

yeah perfect weather for massala chai :D
and erm....LITTLE vidya? I mean...little? really? 'little'?

the last I saw you ...I don't recall u being little.......\

:p:p