Wednesday, May 31, 2006

An old movie ..some old memories..

"Wax on ,Wax in , Breath In, Breath Out " [Dialogues from a movie Karate Kid ]. This Dialogue is where in Mr.Miagi (who agrees to teach Karate) is asking Daniel (who wants to learn Karate for self defense against some of his high school mates who were bullying Daniel) to wipe the cars following a particular patterns of movements of his hands which in turn is a Karate Technique. Daniel doesn't realize this but he follows Mr.Miagi's instructions the first ,day, second and third day . At the end of the third day he retaliates saying he is not teaching him any Karate and just making him do his household work . Only later when Mr.Miagi makes him repeat all the actions he had used for the household does he realize he had been learning the Karate movements all the three days and he didn't know at all !!Its a nice movie .
Martial Art Display at Malaysian Heritage Center
I watched the movie day before yesterday for the second time i guess and what makes me write this post is the memories it brings back from my childhood because the first time i watched this movie was when i was a kid myself. I remember joining with my cousins and seeing all Bruce Lee , Jackie Chan movies and any other movie which had Martial Arts to see all the Karate movements . Since my uncle was a Black Belt in Karate we were all really proud of him and very much keen to see Karate in the movies and relate it to him. I remember my cousin learning some techniques from my uncle and showing it off on us girls ;-) !!! My uncle had a nunchaku ( A martial art weapon ) so sometimes we used to sneak into his room and try out some stunts with 'Nunchaku' , just trying our hands u c... !! Curious as any other kids at that age would be ...!!
I am sure my cousin brother would enjoy reading this post who is right now in U.S doing his higher studies and i miss him ...!!!!

No comments: