Friday, January 06, 2006

How i reached office today

7:20 A.M: Two 969 buses - one behind the other -one a normal bus and the other 'Jantiwaahana' (a long bus -a horizontal double Decker) ...I take the 'Jantiwahana'..
Sit in one of those front seats which are usually vacant because of the way they are positioned ,They face the whole crowd of the bus ..Its like everyone is seeing only at you !
Then i take out my mp3 players, untangle the tangled ear phones, stuff the ear phone in my ears..and the song plays "Dil to Pagal hai..Dil deewana hai" ...
Now i have one look at the whole Bus ..Most of them have ear phones stuffed into their ears (Like me :>)..and most of them seemed to be meditating ..i mean sleeping ..compensating for the loss of sleep !! Nice fun seeing so many people sleep.. (Good,otherwise i would have so many pairs of eyes looking at me ..Its weird!) .
Now i scan the bus for any out of ordinary things...Right in front of me is a Tamilian guy,pretends not to be looking at me ..Next to him is a Chinese guy with 'Volkswagen ' T-shirt. Behind them is Blue shirt guy with his eyes closes and he is constantly spinning (3-4 RPM,Rotaions Per Minute) ( I have no idea what was he up to ..Looked like he was dreaming of becoming a rock star ..heeeee heeee). (Song playing :Sapne mein milti hai ,Movie:Satya) .Then on the right hand side there is a school girl looking inside her bag and adjusting her hair, getting some strands of her hair on the forehead (????????? Wondering... She had a mirror inside her bag ). Next to that girl was chubby Chinese guy leaning on the window and sleeping !!! He looked very cute!
(Now the song playing [English translation: I sing some song which will raise desires, if you say so] Main koi aisa geeth gaon ,ki aarzoon jagaon ,agar tum kaho ! )
Left hand side was a road with two rows of cars, taxi's and in middle of this car sandwitch there are fast moving bikes . There is car with a sign "Family aboard!" .A black Merc with a fat lady hogging a Burger .A yellow color Beetle (cute car,i have seen a Pink color Beetle also).

Now the Song playing "Kaise hai yeh ruth ki jis mein phool banki dil khilen,Movie:Dil Chahta hai) . I suddenly catch the guy sitting in front of me looking at me, he looks down (he must be thinking "oh,maatikittaen!!" -i got caught). The bus reaches the interchange, I get down. Catch the train ,(Song playing :Dil Chahta Hai ,ham na rahen kabhi yaaron ke bin.... One of my fav songs) ,outside the train ,a pigeon just flew over the train, a man taking dog for a walk, a elderly man doing exercise (movements like Salman Khan dancing in 'O O Jaaane Jana ).(Song changes to Jaane kyon log pyaar karte hain).Train stops ,door opens, the empty platform is filled with people walking towards the escalator including me !!!
Tap the card at the ticketing machine..people queued up for the 'Comfort' bus which takes us to 'Changi Business Park" which is just a few yards away..I prefer to walk (sometimes at least ;-) ). (Song playing :Woh Ladki hai kahan ,love the dance sequence in this song) . I walk in between the queue of of people standing and cross the road.
Once to the left ,once to the right ,once on the road, once on the grass,overtaking people carying folded newspapers in theirs hands,lady carying a bun in a plastic cover, on a curvy path under the blue sky ..i walk towards 'The Signature' building ,my office , where i am going to spend the next 8 hours of my life today (out of which some i already spent for writing this blog )!!!!!

1 comment: