Monday, July 24, 2006

Favouritsm and Boiled Egg

Boiled egg is one thing which my cousin lovesssss ... so on Sunday when aunt made boiled egg for dinner ..both of us (myself and my 4 year old cousin) sat with our shares of boiled egg . Aunt had also put round pieces of carrot on our plates . As we started eating S finished the boiled egg (which was cut into two halves) first . I was still to eat the two halves of the egg ....

S: You know how i eat egg ?

Me : How ?

S : First i eat the yellow part( the yolk) and then eat the white part.

Me : [*Taking the egg close to my mouth *] I eat it together !! :o)

Both of us ate for sometime and don't talk. I finish the first half of the egg and simultaneously eat the carrot pieces also. She eats slowly. Suddenly she takes one piece of carrot and puts it in my plate.

Me : Why?

She :You are my favorite Vidya Athigge . [ Athigge : another name for cousin/aunt]

Me : Thank you [*Hmmm ...so i am also supposed to reciprocate is it ??*]

I control my laughter thinking the very obvious that she wanted me to reciprocate the same .
I continue eating and so does she .. After sometime she takes one more carrot piece and starts putting it in my plate but this time i stop her and ask her to eat it ! And then not ignoring her hint and the love for boiled egg , i cut the half egg into two pieces and put one piece to her plate . She gives me a smile and...

She : Why ? [*Smilingly :o) *]

Me : You are my favorite ......


I don't know whether that is how i was supposed to reciprocate. Obviously given a choice she would have loved to eat boiled egg rather than those carrots ..so when she puts a piece of carrot in my plate showing her love to me ..whats the harm in giving her the piece of boiled egg which she loves a lot... I like her . She is a darling !

Kids have this cute way of letting you know things which they want :o) !!!

3 comments:

shub said...

so cute! :D

Anonymous said...

cuutteee... :D

Rays Of Sun said...

Oh how very cute:) I can actually imagine my 3 yr old nephew doing that:))