Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Freedom

Every year as Independence Day comes i feel happy and a sense of pride runs through me. My dad being in Army has indulged more patriotism not only in me but in my whole family. On the eve of Independence day, i make sure i have the Tri color with me , if at home then one tri color will be put near Grandfather's picture to salute the sacrifices he made as a freedom fighter. The love for one's own country is natural. Although there are many things in India which are not acceptable , but still i love my country. Its in our hands to make India a better country.
.
I love my country for its varied culture .
I love my country for its unity .
I love my country for its diversity.
I love my country for the innocent people.
I love my country for its food.
I love my country for its smell of mud.
And last but not the least .
I love my country because i was born here
and the values it has given me !
.
Talking of Independence and freedom , Today morning i realized that i don't even have the freedom to hoist the tri color in my cubicle on the eve of Independence Day.
Like every year this time also i had the tri color with me and i pasted it on my cubicle yesterday evening before leaving the office. As i entered the floor i was searching for any other tri color expect for mine but i couldn't find any other. Nevertheless i was happy to see the two tri colors flying on my desk. But the happiness didn't last for long . Once i met M (the same person who is suffering from FTMS), he asked me to remove the tri color from my desk. I defended saying i put it last year also ,but he was adamant on removing it ! I said i don't think it is a problem ,but he rudely said "Just removed it !". Its the position in which he is which makes him do things from me and i simply have to do it !! I removed the tri colors from my cubicle with tears rolling down ..It was an insult to my tri color !!!
.
I don't think a small Indian flag will create any sorts of racial indifferences , that too in a country like Singapore which is much know for its Racial Harmony .Then where is the problem ? The problem is the insecurity in him ( M ) . God save our country from such people, no wonder he has been wandering outside India from so many years !!!
.
Happy Independence Day
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very true. Thats why I feel true independence is when the mind becomes free and tolerant. With such people, the country will never make it big.

Anonymous said...

I dont find the reasoning behind asking to remove the flag? Is that M an Indian? Or Some other national? What's the big deal if you have it in your desk?

Is there a rule in Singapore that prevents foreign flags? i dont think so. Why did he do so? weird.

aydiv said...

Kishore :Your post fits for the person in my post :) !!

Mahen : Yes he is an Indian but after this incident i have my own doubts. And as far as i know there is no such rule in Singapore.