Monday, August 14, 2006

Nick Naming

"Zebra Aunty!!!! , was S , My 4 year old cousin's reply when she saw this lady walking in front of us who was wearing a black and white striped Chudidar " . And we all all laughed slowly not getting the Zebra aunty's attention !
Nick naming is something which weall do ..relating a person to something!!
Nick names are something which i am good at giving . There are a lot of nick names which i have kept for others and others have kept for me !
Nick names kept by me ....
Blue Shirt : There was this guy in college during my B.Sc who used to wear a particular blue shirt 4/5 days in a week. Apparantly when i saw him in my university while i was doing my masters he was wearing the same blue shirt .
Pinku : My mallu classmate who used to turn pink when we used to tease him .I named him Pinku :) !!!
Chimney : Again one of my classmates who used to smoke a lot !
Headweight : One of the girl's in my friend's crush list who was a snob !
Joint: She was the Joint Secretary of our college . She even mentioned a thanks for christening her nick name and making it famous :) !!!
Laddu : Nick names of one of our lecturers whom we troubled a lot.. No specific reason for this nick name ...we jsut shortened her name and added a u in the end..
Chocolate: This guy in office who used to come to our cubicle to ask for chocolate and keep troubling me for chocolate :) !
And if you are wondering whether i had nick names ..yes i did have .. a lot of them
Keep Smiling :I had this habit of writing Keep smiling on my bag ,note book etc ,etc ..so one of the senior guys saw this written on my bag and kept my name as Keep Smiling . After a few years when i met him he asked me whether i still have that bag with me :) !!!
Soda : In Kannada, the thick spectacles are called "Soda kannadka" and since i wear spectacles they kept my name as Soda.
Pashu :'Pashu' means cow in Malayalam .Now i don't exactly remember why i got this name but some of my mallu friends used to call me that !
There were other nick names also but Naaaaaaaah..i am not going to reveal all the names ..no way !!!!

No comments: